Two for the price of one, the September and the October HARO Bikes news flashes. Buckle up for safety.
HARO Newsletter September 2005
- Dave Mirra
was awarded for Best Male Extreme Athlete of the year. Just so you know.
- At the end of last month RedBull put on a big dirtjump contest in the centre of Whistler, Canada. A few of the HARO riders made it over. Australian HARO rider Luke Parslow
got third place and Ryan Nyquist
was back on top of the podium. The jumps were huge and with 10.000 visitors welcoming the riders in the centre of town, the event can be considered a success.
- Last month we reported that Dave Mirra
's Gold bike went missing on his way back home from the X-Games. Well, the bike is back and will be on display at the HARO booth at Interbike. Guess who's going to be the guard?
- The 2006 HARO Bikes website
is finished. New looks, new bikes, you better get ready for it.
- Congrats to HARO Benelux's Peter Geys
on the marriage with Elke.
- Thanks to all for stopping by at our HARO booth at the Eurobike trade show in Friedrichshafen, Germany. Your visit is very appreciated. Thanks to Nikos Maniatopoulos
for the coffee.
- HARO's Chad de Groot
is throwing down a jam at his Mesh park in Florida on the last weekend of October.
- Michal Pribyl
(Haro/Katmar Praha), won the 7th round of the Czech BMX National Championships held in Pardubice. Congratulations.
- Stefan Geisler
was spotted on the Pimp My Ride show over on German TV. His buddy Mike is the tuning master over in Germany.
HARO newsletter October 2005:
Here's the latest HARO news:
- The 2005 Interbike show in Las Vegas was another big one. HARO had a big booth set up and most of the riders were on hand to sign autographs or answer questions. HARO BMX riders Ryan Nyquist, Dave Mirra, Warwick Stevenson, Chad DeGroot, Luke Parslow and Mike Cleveland
were all in Vegas during Interbike. Dave Mirra even brought his gold Mirra Pro that was on display at the booth with a big lock around it. Check out the photos to get a better impression on the bikes that HARO had to offer this year.
- Walking around Interbike we noticed some cross promotion going on at several booths. The SST booth had a 2006 Nyquist Pro
complete bike on their stand. The Bell booth had personal helmets of Dave Mirra, Ryan Nyquist
and HARO sponsored Supercross MX rider (legend) Jeremy McGrath
. Dave and Ryan made it on one of the sidewalls of the booth in Reservoir Dogs fashion. Over at Maxxis you could pick up Dave Mirra posters and Dave was one of the featured riders in the Maxxis booth. He signed autographs at Maxxis too.
- The Nora Cup awards party was another crazy one. Although we did not win any cups this year, HARO's Chad DeGroot
was the presenter of the Flatland Nora Cup that went to Terry Adams. Chad had to rush it because his plane was leaving any minute.
- Over at the HardRock Casino VANS organized a "Let it Ride" jam. In other words; a dirtjump and street contest took place on Friday and Saturday. HARO Riders Luke Parslow
and Mike Cleveland
represented in Dirt and Street respectively. Luke went head to head in the knock-out system with 15 other invited riders of Friday night. The level of the riding was impressive and Luke started off going head to head against Lance Mosley. After beating Lance it was time to take on hometown hero TJ Lavin. TJ's experience and home advantage couldn't transfer him to the semi final round so it was Luke Parslow moving on. In the half final Luke met his Australian buddy Cameron White but with turndown flips and flip-whips, Luke transferred to the final! The one on one battle with Ryan Guettler was lost but second place was still good for seven thousand US Dollars. Did we mention that Luke has front flips down? Next day we had Mike Cleveland in the street comp. Mike qualified up there in second (from 28 pros) and downside whipped himself to 4th place (and $2000,= USD richer) in the finals. Mike had just turned 21 two days before so it was time for some celebration.
- The weekend after the Interbike show also had a halfpipe contest in Pomona took place. Mike Mancuso
(aboard a Mirra Pro) finished 5th with no-handed flairs and tricks like that. Mike flew over to Zurich, Switzerland the weekend before for the Freestyle.ch contest and finished 4th. Stefan Geisler was also present but his back was causing too much pain so he sat out the contest. Stefan is now off to Woodward for a complete recovery and some more practice.
- Warwick Stevenson
participated in some casual BMX one-on-one sprint action at the NBL Boulder City BMX Double Down Dual Slalom. The Aussie failed to make it to the final round but at least we were representing over there too.
- Dave Mirra
sold his house (the one with the swimming pool and fitness centre) and now lives in a smaller place near the water until his new house is finished.
- Ben Shenker
(Hungary) has been conquering his big jumps at home and is currently staying at the Mellow Park in Berlin, Germany.
- Verwimp B.V.
in The Netherlands invites all their HARO dealers for the Open Dealer Days at their premises on October 16/17 next.
- Senad Grosic
(Austria) tried hard but could not avoid going to the mandatory "Bundeswehr". Senad is doing 4 weeks of general training before he manages to get a spot into the Military Sport Centrum. At least he can stay fit there but travel is a bit low for Senad at the moment.
- Some parents start out quick: "My 5 year old son rides BMX and I think he is doing extremely well on his 12" Haro bike! It's amazing that he can drop-in from a 6 ft. quarter pipe, half pipe and so on. I made a website for him and was wondering if you can take a look at it and give us some feedback... Thanks for your time!"
[url=http://www.z-bmx.com]My son's website[/url]
- Check out the new [url=http://www.harobikes.com]HARO Bikes website[/url] to see all the 2006 models