- Jason Richardson's HARO contract started on 1 December 2005 and the very next weekend J-Rich was over in Switzerland representing in HARO colors. Jason made both mains but a few crashes held him back. Main one on Saturday he went down (with the rest of the pack) in turn one and finished 6th. On Sunday Jason was in third until the last turn where he started slipping and sliding and went down on the slick track. read his report in the HARO BMX news section.
- Congratulations to Haro Europe rider Anthony Pill. He's getting married this month.
- HARO's new BMX racer Derek Betcher had been the center of attention on some message boards. Let's see if he can shut the critics up.
- The Chenga 1 park in Ohio is nearing their final chapter. They had one more contest earlier this month and HARO's Dustin Bauer finished 6th in Pro Park which was stacked with pros.
- HARO sponsored Jeremy Mcgrath will be competing the first 6 rounds of the Amp'd Supercross series starting in Anaheim the first weekend of January 2006. The King recently got a Thor ad where you can see his HARO logo on the visor of his Bell helmet. One more SX/MX star will represent HARO bikes in 2006. He's the "Prince of Bercy" and factory Honda rider and goes by the name of Andrew Short.
- Haro Europe's Stefan Geisler has arrived at Woodward. Check the vert ramp for one big German.
- Dave Mirra's personal website (www.DaveMirra.com) has released movies and photographs that were previously only available if you had a full membership to the website. Dave will be getting a full interview in Norway's Spokesmen BMX magazine. - Peter Geys (Haro Benelux) is the rider who is featured on the full page advertisement of the Pop Session. This ad will appear in RIDEBMX (UK) in the next few days.
- Ryan Nyquist is going over to the Pop Session again. He's becoming a rock star. Not really. The Pop Session is an international street and vert competition in Tallinn, Estonia. HARO riders Ben Shenker, Senad Grosic and Peter Geys are going too.
- Ben Manuel is aboard a new Nyquist Pro bike but will switch to a Mirra Pro when they become available again over in England. The onesMoore Large had in stock went out the door fast in time for X-mas shopping season. Ben went on a trip to Dubai recently with Ben Hennon (Haro UK) and some Eastpak riders. Expect to read about that trip in the upcoming magazines.
- Sander Nieuwenhuis (HARO Benelux) broke his thumb on a dirt session at his local trails. The thumb was pointing the other direction which was not a good sign. Sander should be back on the bike by the time you read this.
- Senad Grosic over in Austria sent us some photos of the show he did at his military base. He's serving time (mandatory in Austria) and rode the show with his army gear on. He put his Nyquist Pro bike through some moves to show everyone at the base what exactly he does. Senad is now in the sports division of the army and can travel to the contests that he "needs"to. Estonia, here we come.
- People beware, there's another Chad Roberts out there that races BMX. Don't confuse him with HARO/Shimano's "Dooder" Chad.
- Daniel Dhers is a new member of the 2006 HARO freestyle team. Daniel hails from Venezuela but will be living in the Woodward area most of the time in 2006. Daniel does a.o. crazy looking front flips over decked spines. Insane.
- For 2006 Jason Richardson will sport the # 24 on his HARO bike when racing ABA races. Also look out for # 40, that's Derek Betcher's.
- The DVD: "Joe Kid On A Stingray, the history of BMX" will be available in Europe in time for Christmas. It's a great movie with footage of Bob Haro and also Ryan Nyquist and Dave Mirra. A must have for BMX history fans.
- Over in Brisbane Australia, Red Bull put on big Dirt Jump contest right on the beach. In the finals on Friday night, Luke Parslow went down hard on what may have been the biggest front flip ever seen in a comp, anywhere in the world. Thankfully, a disgruntled Luke managed to walk away from the carnage, yet his injuries would see him out of action for the rest of the night and following weekend.
- HARO's Chad DeGroot and crew at Mesh Skatepark Inc. are starting a new tab on their site. Actually a phone line you can call...to talk or say what you feel. Take this # down (1) 407.295.2470. Chad: "We are trying to get a name for this line. If you have any ideas, let us know. This phone line is open 24 hours a day. There is a 30 second time limit. So all you babble mouths are going to get cut off, or you're going to have to speed it up a bit. Tell us a story, say a joke, sing a song, make some animal noises, Whatever you feel you need to get off your chest. We are a help line. We’re here for you."
- A little interview with the newest member of the HARO team:
Name: Daniel E. Dhers
Hometown: Caracas, Venezuela
Where do you usually ride? In Venezuela I usually ride my friend Pedro's backyard and Xtreme Vertigo Sk8park in Maturin. In Argentina I ride La Plata sk8park, Metropark and Battle bikepark also some street and in the US I usually ride Woodward.
What do you normally ride? Park and Street
Who do you ride with on a regular basis? In Venezuela with Edy, Pedro, Rafael. In Argentina with Nico, Andres, Goddy, Balma, Eber, etc and in the US with pretty much whoever shows up at Woodward besides Bestwick, Andy, Napolitan, etc.
What contests have you visited in 2005? I rode a big one in Venezuela around January and BACO Jam in the States.
How did you end up on the HARO team? My friend Kyle Carlson went on a trip with the Premium crew and he told them about me, then they saw some footy and asked me to ride for Haro!
Do you feel any pressure being on such a team? I don't feel that much pressure yet, it's a cool team, I'm also usually pressure free about stuff haha.
What bike are you riding? I'm getting a Harrington frame until the new bikes are ready!
What are your plans for 2006? My plans is to go to Woodward and ride, try to hit all the big Contests and Jams, come back home in one piece.