o Look-books – For new and current products (bikes, parts, apparel, etc.)
o Online Banner Ads – Web banners and skins for online media websites
o Social Media and Promotional Content – Contests, header graphics, sale flyers, etc.
o Online Catalogs – Full length product catalogs, flipbooks, etc.
o Social Sites – Updating and maintaining look of social media pages, icons, etc.
o Email Newsletter – Creating newsletter templates and campaign assets
o Campaigns – Working with marketing to create campaign assets and guides
o Site Redesigns – Full site redesigns every 2-3 years
o Site Updates – Update site banners, marketing imagery, catalog embeds, etc.
o Print Ads – Campaigns and designs for print magazines
o Promotional Print – Catalogs, brochures, mailers, and posters
o Thumbnails – Thumbnail creation for videos
o Graphics – Graphics and motion graphics for riding or product videos
o Direction – Working closely with videographer(s)
o Concepting – Creating concepts, storyboards, etc. for promotional videos
o Graphics – Creating graphics and logo treatments for new products
o Packaging – Package design with graphic treatment for bikes and parts
o Bikes – Creating color ways, graphics, packaging design, etc.
o Promotion – Sticker packs, banners, ramp stickers, flyers, merch items, POP items, etc.
o Manuals – Product instructions and guides
o Designs – Creating several t-shirt, sweatshirt, and hat logos each season
o New Apparel Design – Designing tags, trim, graphics, etc. for new apparel items
• Ability to be self-sufficient as well as work in a group environment
• Ability to meet deadlines, accomplish tasks with minimal supervision, and provide mistake-free work
• Ability to receive suggestions and critiques from coworkers in a positive and constructive way
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Work closely with photographer for catalog layouts, ads, website, etc.
• Work closely with marketing for sales, ads, campaigns, and market input
• Comfortable working in a “small business” setting
• Enjoys working with others and being part of a team
• Highly reliable, detail oriented, and organized
• Working within given project/division budgets
• Utilize and work effectively with freelance and outside resources
• Staying in tune with BMX market trends and competitors
• Business to business experience desired (working directly with suppliers and vendors)
Required Software Skills
• High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
• Intermediate to high proficiency in Adobe Premiere and After Effects
• Intermediate to high proficiency in Shopify ecommerce
• Intermediate proficiency in current web standards and languages (HTML, CSS, etc.)
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite software
• Intermediate proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, and Issuu
• Bachelor’s degree preferred but not mandatory if sufficient experience
• 2-3 years of experience in a lead graphic design role
• BMX, bicycle, action sports, or lifestyle brand experience preferred