Got News!? Yes we do. Take a few minutes to read the August HARO newsletter.
- German Stefan "OBG" Geisler is back on the bike doing vert demos all over the place. This weekend he's doing some riding for a 2 minute Freestyle.ch commercial for MTV and VIVA.
- The complete HARO UK team, consisting of Ben Hennon, Ben Manuel and Anthony Pill, went on a week tour through England with Eastpak riding local skateparks and the transportable miniramp.
- Ben Shenker built some trails near his place in Hungary but needed 30 attempts to clear the first double once. His comments: "Maybe I got the measurements wrong."
- Dave Mirra, the winningest X Games athlete of all time, won the 2005 Teen Choice Award for Extreme Male Athlete of the year.
- Peter Geys invited riders and public for the Garden Of Vert halfpipe contest in his backyard. The event was co-sponsored by Verwimp BV who made HARO Bikes the title sponsor of the High Air competition. Aze won this contest by going an easy 11 feet with Peter Geys getting close to 10 for 2nd place. Peter (HARO Benelux) also got second in the actual vert contest. Read a full report on the HARO Global section of the website.
- Moore Large organized a HARO Gold Cup contest at Ruff Ride BMX Park, Liverpool on the first weekend of this month. Next to that Moore large are helping the park with the following grass roots program:
Ruffride BMX Park in Liverpool is one of the newest parks in the UK, officially opening at the beginning of 2005. The Park has been set up by a group of enthusiasts interested in the sport, It has taken years to get the wheels in motion, and create this amazing place. Ruffride works with the local council and the health service, to get kids of the streets and onto bikes. Ruff Ride is a BMX only Park and is sponsored by BMX Brand Leader Haro Bikes.
The Park also has 13 fully trained British Cycling Coaches and runs an academy, the academy has only just gone live and already has over 20 committed students. All students Ride Haro BMX Bikes donated by Sponsor Moore Large & Co Ltd.
- Freestyle BMX-ers Ben Shenker (Hungary) and Senad Grosic (Austria) went to Croatia for a freestyle contest. Ben reports: "The weekend in Osijek was awesome, one of the best weekends for a really long time. And the comp (Pannonian challenge 6) was cool too, really laid back and the organisers were super cool too. Hospitality in Croatia is the best...and so are the girls and food. I was stoked on my riding and it's back to 100%. Tobias Wicke was doing huge frontflips, Senad pulled a barspinflip like it was nothing, I was doing flipwhips. Results: 1.me, 2.Tobi, 3.Senad, There was a dirt comp the next day too, came 2nd there."
- Peter Geys pulled his first 900 air on a vert ramp at the RedBull vertical battle in England early this month. Congrats to the Bike Devil. Read his interview in the Global section.
- Congrats to Australian HARO dirt jumper Luke Parslow for getting the October 05 BMX PLUS! magazine cover.
- This year's FAT-JAM in Aarle-Rixtel Holland was all about the kids. No entry fees, no contest, no registration, just riding. With the trails in good shape it got the BMX-ers going all day. Among them several riders on HARO Bikes.
- Senad Grosic and Ben Shenker tied for first place at a King Of Dirt contest in Tieschen, Austria. Congrats to both HARO riders. Senad is on his way to the King Of Concrete in England. It's the name of a contest, he's not visiting any royalties.
- A 24K gold HARO Bike at the X-Games in Los Angeles? Sure, Mirra was rocking his pro model with lots of blingbling points. The bike brought a gold medal in park and a silver in best trick on vert. Read the report on www.harobikes.com. Did the airlines really lose Mirra's 24k bike on the way home to Greenville?
- Did you vote for Ryan Nyquist?
Ryan was nominated for the PlayStation Trick of the Week. He was up against some pretty tough competition, so let’s hope he came out the winner.
Here’s the nominees:
BMX Dirt Ryan Guettler
BMX Park Ryan Nyquist
BMX Vert Jamie Bestwick
SKB Vert Sandro Dias
SKB Vert Bucky Lasek
The winner will receive a check for $5,000 and will compete for the PlayStationÂ® Trick of the Year versus all the other Trick of the Week winners from other Dew Action Sports Tour events, including the Toyota Challenge (September 8-11).