- 25 downhill runs on the World Cup track in the Bike Kingdom in Lenzerheide
- Nino’s and Claudio’s sponsors joining the effort for the fundraising
- Spectators and fans participating in the fundraiser on pumpforpeace.com
- Whoever finishes the 25 laps first, wins the race.
- Riders are allowed to swap bikes similar to cyclocross racing in order to change/charge batteries.
What is Pump for Peace?
Pump for Peace, is a global initiative by Velosolutions is introducing kids to a healthy, respectful and tolerant lifestyle. Velosolutions Pump Tracks are social hubs and a great platform for communities to develop a sense of togetherness. At Pump for Peace, we collaborate with governments, local organizations and private companies to bring Velosolutions Pump Tracks to underprivileged or disadvantaged areas. A Velosolutions Pump Track can enrich any human life regardless of the village, city or metropolis. We are raising money through events, concerts, garage sales, auctions, and sponsorship and using the funds for the construction of pump tracks where they’re needed the most.
How did this get started?
Nino and Claudio went for a ride together in their home town just after Claudio came back from a crazy Pump for Peace project in Israel during the conflict in May. Claudio must have still been buzzing from that experience when he thought he could challenge the World’s greatest Mountain Bike Cross Country racer in a competition that could take all day long.
What was he thinking?
The answer to that is very clear: He wants to get all of those projects up and running, that are waiting to be built in South Africa, Uganda, Ethiopia, Youth Villages in Israel, Palestine, Iran, Tobago, Navajo Reservation, Armenia, and many more.
Nino has been one of the “Guardians”, which is a team of Pump for Peace ambassadors, for quite a while and he knew, it was time for him to act. So, despite a totally crazy busy season, including the Olympic Games, he committed to take the challenge and help make cycling accessible to people all around the World.
Immediately, SRAM, Scott, Vittoria and GoPro confirmed to join our efforts to make this happen, which we’re very grateful for! The money from the partners and sponsors go to Pump for Peace just like the donations from the fans and spectators.
How can you help, participate, donate?
- Please spread the word and visit pumpforpeace.com/neverresting to make a donation to help us reach our goal of 1 million Euro for projects in Africa, Central/South America, Asia, Middle East.
- Come to the event in Lenzerheide on 9th October
- Join us at the concert in the Kurhaus after the race