It's not all flashing lights and huge money, but if you can ride well enough to roll away with a win at Elevation, I feel like that it could quite possibly be the best accomplishment you could achieve that year.
2) Do you fancy riding real trails going down a hill?
Most definitley! There's nothing that can compare to the feeling you get when riding through the section. Your speed just multiplies and increases the further down the section you get. Not to mention hitting the berms and hip lines. It's a truely unique course and it makes you want to move to Whistler just so you could ride them on a daily basis.
3) Have you seen photos of the 2007 dirt jumps yet?
I'm actually up here right now and the jumps are the best ones yet. The top section is so much fun and fast. They really took their time again and built the jumps up proper. The lips have crazy pop too.
4) How bad do you think it is that Dirt is no longer a discipline in the X-Games?
I think it's horrible, but hopefully this creates a window of opportunity for something else to take their place. Dirt jumping is an amazing event and I feel like it's really the X Games' loss.
5) Do you have any tricks you want to show on the last big set?
I've had the chance to actually see the last set and it is gnarly! I think there's going to be a lot of stuff going down on the top section, but expect some heavy hits on the last set too by everyone.
6) I would be stoked on:
a) A top 3 score
b) Making finals
c) Don't care about the placing, I just want to ride Elevation with my buddies
Ryan Nyquist: All three works for me.... A, B, and C
7) Thanks to: Everyone involved with Elevation, Haro Bikes, Thor, Rockstar Energy Drinks, Schick Quatro, Ogio, Bell Helmets, the Jiffy Market of Los Gatos.