It has been an amazing 2006 season for Michal Prokop. Racing every weekend resulted in virtually living on the podium continually from May till October all around the Globe! One day he earned points for the BMX Olympics, few days later he was mastering the World of mountain bikers in Fourcross competition.
A second rainbow jersey in his wardrobe and a second World Cup trophy too, even while being ten years younger than his greatest rivals. Beating the big names globally and giving pride to thousands fans home in the small country of the Czech Republic is all in a day’s work for Michal. And at the end of such a great year of 2006, Michal Prokop meets UFO! Michal Prokop joins UFO Plast for next two years.
What better way to bring in the new year by celebrating Condor's birthday and Celebrating the launch of new Hoffman Bikes Website. The new site is filled with hundreds of new images including new product and team sections. Plus, convenient new FAQ, product registration form, and warranty sections. There is also an xtras link with some goodies. Also check out the newsletter signup. Be the first to get special announcements and other wacky things we can think of to send you. Make sure to visit us often... this is only the
It's not what you know, but who you know. SMPL Bikes owner Niels Thanild got in touch with Medow owner Michael de Wit after Interbike and they worked out a deal where Medow is doing Graphic Design for SMPL (Simpel Bikes). The Medow designed T-shirts will be printed in the USA on all American apparel and should be available some time in 2007. To view a couple of samples, click READ MORE.
Andy Jenkins, Tony Larson and Andy Mueller are showing "Taking Turns" at the Monster Children Gallery in Sydney, Australia starting this Thursday night. The work is a series of collection small and large digital monoprints, plus a salon-styled wall of hands-on work done specifically for the exhibition. Opening on the 11th from 7pm for anyone in Sydney. Show goes from 12 - 27 January 2007. Check their Art Dump blog for current updates of progress.
Arnaud Dubois just signed for 2 year with MBK! Arnaud who is one of the best riders of the world completes the 2007 MBK team with the main goal to be selected to the Olympics games of 2008 in China! The Belgian is only 20 years old and has already many titles and victories and is ready to add some more with MBK! Arnaud Dubois (Belgium): Elite men 13 times Belgium champion. 3 times Holland Champion. 3 times European Champion. 10 times European finalist. 8 times World finalist. 46 international victories.
- Taka (Takahiro Nishikawa) joins the very small group of riders selected for the 2007 Red Bull Circle of Balance, february 24th. That's a proof of Taka's level.
- Many parts of the St-Martin video are available on the following link. Remember that the video is only available online, for free. We don't not make money on it and we do not create pollution on it, it is only virtual. Video link: ici
- Keisuke Matsumoto is the first flow team rider at Dirty Bike in Japan. He rides expert level and will get some support with St-Martin parts.
- Miura Hirokazu, another Japanese rider will compete the Circle Cow, in Servon, France.
- Dean Evans joins Superstar throught the UK team. It means that in a few month Superstar will be also famous in Glasgow, Scotland.
- The Superstar UK team is now managed by Guy Terry. He's the perfect link with the growing UK team and Mark and Aaron from Padded Cell, Superstar UK distributor.
- Károly Sieger, pro rider from Hungary joins the Supertar team, thanks to the help of Attila at Harlee/GorbX, Superstar distributor over there. Note that Hungarian riders are really active and skilled. Sure you'll hear more of these riders in a near future.
The ABA kicked things off huge this past weekend, as the ABA crew outdid themselves with one of the best race tracks ever built at the Reno Livestock arena for the 2007 Pro Series opener. With 25 of the worlds top AA Pros in attendance, the Silver Dollar Nationals was a great weekend of exciting Pro racing and has set the stage for what should be the best year of AA Pro racing in the ABA's history. Randy Stumpfhauser, Brandon Meadows, and Cristian Becerine were all in attendance for the event and here is how they finished up:
Terry Adams is a busy cat. Traveling to contests gets him around and he isn't shy of a camera either. He is the only flatlander to get two covers on American magazines in 2006. When it comes to filming, Terry knows how to get in the picture as well. After doing clips for Fuel, Disney and an ABC show, Terry did a strange solo project where he was loving his bike. Add to this the Incubus music video starring Adams where he is setting priorities straight by ditching the girl over a photoshoot.